Thursday, December 5, 2013

Questions 2,3, and 5

2. I don't think we should have any control over blogs. Blogs are ways where people express themselves. They are ways where we get our information from. They should be open to everyone to express themselves.It is a way to meet new people that share the same compassion as you. Now if a person is offending others by what they are posting, then that is a whole new story. At that point they could have guidelines. So yes it is a way of distributing power in the culture.

3.Yes,I have! When I shop online I give my credit card information. That is as far as I go. I am pretty confident about the security, because when I shop I make sure the web site is a good one. Make sure the web site is trust worthy. I take all the steps i need to protect myself.

5. No! Why would the internet be created if it wasn't met for people to access it? I think everyone has the right to access the internet. There shouldn't even be a question about that. Today everything we do is based on the internet. That is how we get our information, it is how we cook and eat, it is how we pick what college to go to or what clothe to wear. Without the internet i don't think we will be where we are today.

1 comment:

  1. Michal Powell's comment on the Internet suggests that using the Internet is not a "right". Then what is it? A privilege? There is a way to misuse the internet, like some can misuse the amendment rights, but that doesn't mean we have to earn our place online, we just have to follow the guidelines and laws of the Internet, however broken those guidelines or laws may be.

    ReplyDelete