Thursday, December 5, 2013

Do you ever make personal information available online?

I have never revealed any information willingly on the internet.  I don't even own a Facebook or Twitter account, and if I had, I would still use a pen name rather than my real name.  Being anonymous on the internet is one of the number one things I consider; even something as simple as my age or state isn't shared.  That's not to say that I would NEVER use "personal information" for certain things, like registering for a website, but if I can sign up for a site while using as little PI as possible, I would.  The steps I take are as follows:
A. I will never reveal my age.
B. I will never reveal the location of my home, but if necessary, reveal only hints, such as the country or state I am in.
C. If I come into an argument/debate/conversation and explicit language is engaged, be mature and don't swear much and completely avoid personal attacks.  Block anyone who personally threatens you unless it is the most ridiculous, childish, and unrealistic threat you have ever seen or heard.
D. Don't break the rules above.  If you do... don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment