Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Questions #2,3,5

2. I personally don't use blogs and I have never been on a blogging site so I would have no idea. I guess if the possibility of younger teenagers getting on a site talking about vulgar things that it should have a parental consent type of thing so you no that is has inappropriate talk.
Yes, I think that bloggers have a lot of power in the fact that they can say whatever their opinions are on a situation and put that out their for everyone to see. People are easily influenced by the opinions of others and may believe most of what they read. Not everything may be factual, so individuals need to do their research before assuming that these people writing blogs are right. I think writing definitely influences the people in a big way, especially because it is on the internet. Anyone, of all ages, can acquire the writings of others. People just need to be informed on the things people are writing about because many bloggers are not licensed publishers.

3. The only way I have really made personal information of myself online has been through Facebook. And even then I limit the availability of information. I am certain that anyone can easily hack someone's Facebook to get some of their information, even with privacy settings. There are many ways for people to find out information about you on social websites, so I personally am not confident about my security or privacy on Facebook. I don't take steps for privacy just because I don't put much information about myself on Facebook, and I don't have really any other social websites I go on.

5.  I don't agree with Michael Powell because I think people to have the right to internet access. It has helped may individuals out in their lives, including me. I personally think their should be regulations for people to either post or make things that are on the internet because many things on their are harmful to others or dissuade them in the wrong way. I do think everyone has the right to access the internet because people most of the time use it to help themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment