Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Discussion Questions #2, 3, and 5

2. I think that there should be no control placed over blogs. The internet is a place where you have the freedom to do whatever you want. If we put regulations or controls on blogs, that is removing that freedom away from the internet. These blogs are also a great place for people to post news quickly, controls would not allow them to do this.
    Also, if you put controls on blogs, you will be giving command to the higher ups and taking away from the less important people. Then these higher ups use this to there advantage to block off any news that might make them or a friend look bad. This just shows that these controls would do more harm for our society than good.

3.  The most personal info I have put on a profile is my name and my state. I try to keep most of my personal info to myself, which is why I really don't use Facebook that often. I really don't think any type of info is safe on the internet. The people that would want to stalk you can track you down on some of the littlest info imaginable. The biggest step I take towards protecting my privacy is by keeping most of my personal info to myself

5. I agree that no one really has a "right" to use the internet. The internet is a tool that anyone can use for whatever they need to use it for. But if you are using it to do something wrong or illegal, I feel that you shouldn't be allowed to use anymore. The internet is so much a right as it is a privilege. You can get the privilege to go on the internet and do the things you need to do, but if you take advantage of this privilege and try to do something wrong with it, you should have it taken away.


No comments:

Post a Comment