Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Questions 2, 3, and 4

2.) I think there should be a limit on what people can say on blogs. That's because the things people may say could hurt an ethnic group or even just a group of people. I think it would be really hard to implement that because all things can be taken a different way especially online. I just wish they would take blogging of the internet sometimes because some people join them to make fun of or to hurt someone.
I feel it does give to much power to people who don't deserve it. That's because a lot of people abuse the internet as a way to "cyber bullying" sometimes people don't even know each other and just assume that they are bad and post/ blog bad things about the other. Which in the end causes unneeded conflict.
3.) I think when I first had my Facebook, for about a year I didn't have it secured. That was because I was basically sheltered in going to a private catholic school. This didn't changed until I was in 7th grade when we had a lady in for internet safety. This kind of showed me how unsafe I was being online unsecure and adding friends I didn't know. So now I add people who I know and my profile is locked to only my friends and nobody else.
The steps I take for protecting my profile for Facebook is to go to the settings and change it to "only friends" for who can see my profile. Then I make sure not to show where I go to school. Finally I try not to have my profile picture have and spectrum apparel in it.
4.) I think that the internet has damaged our society as far as being able to think on our own. This is because if we have a question we just go and Google it, instead of taking the time to look through a book and problem solve with what it's saying. Were the generation of now and in my opinion that means we need all the answers in a small amount of time or else we will give up on it.
Politically, speaking I think it's helped because if you look someone up that's in the running for office of any kind; you will find almost all of their past. Which is scary because if they had one slip up when they were young that could jeopardize their whole campaign. On the flip side they could have a clean record, but just be a rotten person and lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment