Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2,3, and 5- Kassi Robbins

2). I think controls would be a good thing to have but, no one would follow them. People can still find ways to get around controls that are placed on blogs. I think they contribute powers to certain individuals because it gives them the freedom to express how they feel towards something. They are able to post things that would be more biased if it were shared on international media. Individuals can have what they wish on their blogs without having to worry about others judging them.

Having power through a blog could also be a bad thing because people could be offended by the things you post. Although it is your page people are easily offended by things they read. Being careful of the things you post on your blog could save your life.

3). I personally do not put my own info online so people aren't able to gain control of it. When you share personal information it makes it available for everyone no matter what you have set on your privacy setting. People from all around the world are able to view what you post and all your info that goes with it.

I don't have steps to protect my privacy but, I am cautious to what i post online. I make sure not to post things that show where i am or reveal if i will be gone or not. I don't post my phone number, address, or anything else like that on the internet for my safety.

5). I agree with Michael Powell about having the right to be on the internet. People who know what they are doing and use it wisely are acceptable to use it. People who are not smart about what they post or the information they share should not be able to use it.

Using the internet should be a privilege and if people can't respect that then they should not be on the internet. Also, there should be an age limit to those using the internet. There is a lot of inappropriate things on the internet that shouldn't be seen by little eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment