Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Discussion Questions #2 #3 #5

#2: I don't think controls should be placed on blogs. Blogs are there for your opinion where people look up your title and read to their own discretion. Blogs aren't really known for sending hate out to people. It is more used for life lessons or opinions. You wouldn't normally tag others in posts you create. I think blogs are a safer, smarter way to get information and form opinions without hurting other people. Whereas, other websites, such as: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram could easily tag others and comment rude or inappropriate things that can be retweeted and shared with the whole world. This is why I think blogs are safer and should have less controls.

#3: I think it is okay to share personal information with the friends you have on Facebook. But, then again some people add random strangers, so it really depends on the person. Either way, there will always be scary people out there who will message you or hack into your personal accounts. It's really up to you how hard you make it for these people to get your information. I have security on all of my online accounts. Then again, I still have strangers message me, but I'm safe because I don't respond. I guess I'm not one-hundred percent sure how safe my security really is, but I've never had a problem yet.

#5: No, I don't. It's not fair to label everyone on the mistakes other careless people make. I do agree that internet can be very unsafe, but it is also useful and fun for the people who don't abuse it. Really, if you think about it, you can overuse or abuse anything: an object, a person, and even the internet. But, that doesn't mean every person is doing it and their rights to the internet should be eliminated. I think people need to be more careful. Some people don't see as if they are doing anything wrong; just being friendly. But, always keep in mind, your mom told you not to talk to strangers for a reason.. you should listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment