Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2, 3, And 5 Questions

2.)  There are definitely controls that should be put on blogs.  Otherwise, everyone can post whatever they want, and that could get sort of bad.  However, people should for sure be able to have freedom of speech, and state their opinions.  But people should know that they need to refrain from being inappropriate, and only say what they want under control.  
  Blogs can be a very good thing.  They teach culture, and show that there are so many different ways to express people.  Also, how there are so many different kinds of people out there.  Blogs help people learn about other people from everywhere in the world.  Also, they provide great ideas for anyone willing to search them out.

3.)  I own a Facebook, so some of my personal information is out there.  This can be a scary thing, but can be okay if you are careful.  I have chosen to not make my phone number available, nor where I live.  I only give out my name, and am careful about anything that I post.  I think this is how everyone should do it.
    I feel confident in this method, because it protects me, and people I know.  There are so many horror stories of what can happen, if one is not careful.  Double check everything that you post, just to make sure you aren't giving too much away.  This is because once it is out there, it is long gone, and you can never get it back.

5.)  Michael Powell state no one has a "right'' to the internet.  I don't think this statement really makes sense.  People are on the internet all the time.  What was the internet created for if not to be used.  Don't get me wrong, people mis use the internet left and right.  But if put in the correct hands, it can be very useful.
      I think people should be careful.  However the internet is there to be used.  People can use it for good or bad.  I hope people use it for good, because that should be the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment