Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What was a childhood hero of yours?

I have a couple of childhood heroes. I have the obvious super heroes like Batman and Superman. Then I also found heroes in some sport stars like Joe Mauer or Johan Santana. I choose these as my heroes because they were every thing I wanted to be. They were brave, strong, athletic, and talented. From them, I learned what our culture thinks we should be. They think we should be strong, smart, and kind. They think that we should go out of our way to do what is best for others, and that we should work hard to finally achieve our goals. Sure, not every person is perfect and very few live up to these expectations, but our society wants us to and that is why these characters were created and idealized. They symbolize everything that we should want to be and what many have failed to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment